Thursday 10 November 2011

On my 30 Day Sex Challenge

A bit over a week ago, Daisy from Daisy, Roo and Two, issued a challenge: Could we have sex EVERY day for 30 days? I know! Madness right?

Many of you would have read my post (On Sex) only a few weeks ago, about how I'd rather sleep, eat chocolate and maybe even clean the oven, than have sex. It's not that I don't enjoy it. I'm just not sure I have the energy for it. But... I'm a sucker for punishment and so I took up Daisy's challenge.

Well... sort of...

I believe my response to her was something along the lines of: "I'm not saying I'll do it for 30 days straight, but I'll give it a go for as long as I can".

Trouble is, I only found out about this on the 2nd of November and the challenge started on the 1st. Luckily, it so happened that hubby and I had had our monthly bang on the 1st, so we were in! (No, it's not quite that bad.)

Anyway, because I only found out about the challenge on the 2nd, I didn't have time to prepare (read the manual, download the booklet etc). I figured I'd start on the sex and worry about the theory later.

So here's an update of how we are going so far:

Days 1- 4 were pretty uneventful. Mostly quickies, because if it's going to be everyday, there is NO WAY it's going to be anything BUT quickies.

Day 5 was... well... a fiasco: See, our baby was asleep and our toddler out on a play date. We had a few minutes before we had to go out, so I figured get this over and done with so I don't have to do it when we get back late from the dinner party (I know! I know! Probably not in the spirit of this challenge but hey...). Back to day 5: I point out to hubby that we can "do it" wherever we like today, with the kids away and he picks... Our bedroom! How exciting. No time to argue. After a quick text saying we are going to be a few minutes late (reason: dessert is taking a little longer than expected), we get onto it. I'll spare you the details but suffice it to say that I make all the necessary noises and motions in order to expedite the outcome (pun totally intended).

But, it was not meant to be. First, the dog starts nibbling at our toes, then the phone rings and then we realize, to our absolute horror, that our baby is not at all asleep, but staring at us!! Ok, through the monitor, so he doesn't have to live with the image of his parents going at it like rabbits (and that's probably not a bad comparison, let me tell you) but with bub "looking" at us on one side of the bed and the dog by now barking at hubby as if to say "WTF are you doing!", we had NO chance!

So we very graciously packed the goods away and moved on. Not sure if that counts, but I'm definitely giving myself half a point for the effort.

Day 6: Hubby decided he was too tired! What a role reversal! In keeping with my new role, I nagged for a bit, but then gave up. I needed a break too! I reckon that's more sex than we usually have in a month!

Day 7: First thing in the morning. I had every intention of having another go again at night in order to make up for yesterday, but when it came to it, sleep won again!

Days 8 and 9 were uneventful. Just your regular quickies.

I should also probably mention that hubby doesn't know anything about this sex challenge. He just can't believe his luck and keeps asking whether this is the abundance before the drought sets in again! I'm guessing that probably goes against the rules. Got to read that manual!!

So given that I haven't done the theory and hubby doesn't even know he is part of a challenge, I'm not sure I still qualify for the challenge. I'll keep going until I find out. Or until I can't keep up anymore, whichever comes first.

Score: 7.5/9