Wednesday 16 November 2011

On my 30 Day Sex Challenge - Part 2

Last week I wrote my first report on my 30 day Sex Challenge.

If you'll recall, I scored a whopping 7.5/9 (Daisy, from Daisy, Roo and Two, who got me onto this, actually gave me a 8/9). In case you don't understand, that means I had sex 8 out of 9 days!!

Unh hun! Thank you!


Thank you so very much for the standing ovation!

Let 's settle down though. Take a seat.


This week has not been so successful (hanging my head in shame).

This is how it went:

Day 10: Hubby decided he was too tired (more on that later).

Day 11: We went out and got back home after midnight and by the time we were done getting the kids to bed, I had no energy left. Thankfully hubby didn't either!

Day 12: We decided to have a bit of a romantic time and put the kids to bed early and got ourselves a movie and nachos. It was all very sweet, and a great start to the evening, with my best intentions of getting back on track with the challenge.

Only, hubby picked a horror movie.
An exorcist kinda movie.
I normally like horror movies but by the time we went to bed, head full of demonic voices, images of twisting bodies and heads, and the threat of being possessed, the mood was well and truly gone!


Day 13: Bingo! Finally back on track!

Day 14: Hubby complained that he was tired but after some persuasion (I'll let you use your imagination), it was a tick for day 14!

Day 15: Gave hubby little hints during dinner but as soon as we got to bed, bub got up and by the time I fed him and got back to bed, hubby was fast asleep. I could've woken him up of course, but... Nah!

So the score as of today: 10/15.

That's probably still as much sex as we'd normally have had in 2 months, so doing good, but lagging behind somewhat.

I have to say, a few things are becoming obvious to me through this challenge. I'll tell you all about it in my final 'installment'.

For today, I just wanted to comment on how the roles have been reversed a bit between us. Normally it would be hubby initiating sex once or twice a week, and about half that time he'd be successful, and the other half I'd reluctantly play the game, and to put it bluntly, do my marital duty.

But since starting this project, I've been initiating EVERY time, and almost every day. And it's done two things:

1. It's taken the pressure off me somewhat. You know? Going to bed and having that feeling of "Aaaargh, is he going to want sex tonight? All I want is sleep!"
Because I KNOW we will be having sex, I am not on edge about it. I just expect it and I'm prepared for it all day (in a good way!). I don't have to pretend I'm asleep or go to bed later and hope he's asleep, (and get there and find out he's not!). I go to bed knowing it'll be part of the day.

2. Because he is getting it regularly, he is no longer nagging me about it. In fact, I'm nagging him!
Hell, I'm going to have to report back to a few hundred people, that's pressure!

It's nice in a way to not be nagged. But I have to say, part of me is a little hurt when he doesn't want it (usually because he's tired). It's giving me a little bit of insight into what it must be like for him to be rejected regularly every now and then.

I've finally also downloaded the emotional needs questionnaire and I'm hoping to do it with Hubby tomorrow. I'll also be telling him about the sex challenge (about time isn't it?!).

I'll let you know how he takes it.